Linux Systems Administrator; Student Researcher
Linux Systems Administrator; Student Researcher (20 hrs/week).
The Bioinformatics Core Facility at the Center for Integrated BioSystems (CIB) is currently looking for an Undergraduate or a Graduate student interested in working as a part-time Linux systems administrator. The major job responsibilities include a variety of systems administrative tasks on the CIB's high-performance
compute cluster, such as:
- Hardware and software; systems installation, deployment, monitoring and maintenance
- Parallel process debugging and optimization
- Bigdata storage and archiving, managing Parallel Distributed file system, etc.
Expected skill sets are:
- >=2 years of experience of Linux systems administration
- >=1 year experience in compute hardware installs and maintenance
- >=1 year of experience in programming, preferably a scripting language such as Python or Ruby.
Interested students should contact immediately: