Message From The Director
Welcome to the Center for Integrated BioSystems (CIB) at Utah State University. As an interdisciplinary center for research and integrated education, we offer core laboratory services, biotechnology training programs, and grant writing resources to the campus community, as well as industry and institutions world-wide.
The CIB’s scientists and staff bring experience and expertise to bio-processing projects, whether large or small, for both academic and industrial clients. Additionally, the center has an internationally known training program providing industrial scientists the opportunity to improve their laboratory skills. Our courses are conducted with theoretical classroom lectures, as well as laboratory exercises that provide practical experience for attendees. Our training staff has led the nation in this coursework for several years and has a deep commitment to putting attendees on the equipment as much as possible during their course.
A summary of the center’s current scope of activities and personnel can be found on this web site. Please contact individual section leaders for additional information on their specific areas. Comments and suggestions on how we can improve our services are always welcome.
Chris Davies, DVM, Ph.D
Director, Center for Integrated BioSystems
Research Associate Professor, Department of Animal, Dairy & Veterinary Sciences
Building Resident Info
- Oversee scheduling of the shared CIB conference room (103)
- Work with the USU Facilities to maintain the Biotechnology building and equipment in good working condition
- Provide incoming and outgoing mail distribution services for the Biotechnology building including daily FedEx pick-up
- Building Access - process requests, renewals, and extended access for Biotechnology building key card access (see key policy for more details)
- Order supplies for research faculty supported by the CIB
- Assist with travel requests for research faculty supported by the CIB
Staff & Faculty