The Flow Cytometry group is a core facility of the Center for Integrated BioSystems at Utah State University. The facility provides instrumentation, personnel, and expertise to assist researchers in flow cytometry and fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS) applications.
The laboratory is equipped with a BD Biosciences Special Order FACSAria™ II, which is a high-speed FACS that can perform high-resolution, multicolor flow cytometry analysis. Our FACSAria™ II has 4 lasers that can detect up to 13 different colors in addition to the cell sorting functionality, and uses BD FACSDiva™ software for data acquisition and analysis.
For a complete list of available filter sets, lasers, and wavelengths, see our filter worksheet. Services are offered as fee for service (see fee schedule). For more information please contact Evan Peterson.
- The FACSAria™ is operated by a Flow Cytometry facility member.
- Many applications on the equipment are possible; examples already run include transgenic cell line analysis, leukocyte phenotyping, plant ploidy analysis, and cell cycle analysis.
- BD FACSDiva™ software is available for data acquisition and analysis in conjunction with applications.
- FlowJo analysis software also available upon special request.
- Up to four different populations can be sorted simultaneously in tube format from a heterogeneous single sample.
- The ACDU unit allows for sorting with plates or slides-compatible with 6, 24, 48, 96 and 384 well plates.
- Additionally, the ACDU unit allows for sorting of single cells for cloning or potential single cell gene expression analysis using the BioMark™ (see Genotyping Core Lab).
- Sorting options include semi-sterile (clean) or sterile (very clean), which requires longer set-up time resulting in increased cost.