New Student Flight Requirements

Aviation Technology

Number one without wings

Obtain your FAA medical certificate

Number two without wings

Obtain your student pilot license

  • To obtain your student pilot’s license, you must fill out an IACRA form on the FAA’s website.
  • Create an account and fill out all the information you can. You can do this without an instructor. Make sure you keep your FTN number handy. This is what the flight instructor will use to pull up and complete your form.
  • You will need a flight instructor to finalize and submit your IACRA form to the FAA. If you would like to meet with a USU flight instructor, please call 435-797-7897.
Number three without wings

Provide TSA documents to airport student services during first week of school

U.S. citizens will need:

  • A current U.S. passport OR
  • A current driver’s license AND original birth certificate OR original certificate of naturalization

International students will need:

Number 4 without wings

Review the USU Flight Operations Manual

This manual has information about policies, expectations, and dress code. It should answer many questions (ones you have and ones you did not know you had).