ASTE Mission Statement
The mission of the department of Applied Sciences, Technology & Education is to apply the Land Grant University philosophy to teaching & learning, discovery, research, and outreach. The School applies a multidisciplinary systems science approach for the resolution of family, agricultural and applied science matters through the advancement of education, technology transfer, scientific inquiry, and agricultural mechanization.
- We prepare educators in agriculture, family and consumer sciences, and technology and engineering education.
- We apply research guided practices as we recruit, prepare, and provide instruction for individuals in agricultural, aviation, family and consumer sciences, and technological advancement careers.
- We serve the people and dispense research-based information as we assist them with family, agricultural and technology issues, literacy, needs, opportunities, and challenges.
- We value serving all populations, developing the whole person, responding to the needs of the marketplace, and functioning as a part of the total higher education system.
- We use proven educational processes which include formal and informal instruction, experiential learning, leadership, and personal development at an under graduate, graduate, and community based level.
The School brings enthusiasm to the mission of Utah State University in supporting student-centered instruction. We believe in teaching students to be contributing members of their communities and societies.